Back pain is something that almost everyone has encountered at some point in their lives. You are not alone if you are suffering from this condition. And just so you know, 80% of people across the globe will have this ailment at some point in their life. But the good thing about it is that it can be reduced or even eliminated by performing a few easy exercises each day. These exercises just take a few minutes to do, yet they can significantly alleviate the tension that is giving you pain.
Back pain can be effectively managed by the combination of cardiovascular and strengthening workouts along with chiropractic therapy. If a patient has a history of cardiac problems, for example, they shouldn’t just meet with their chiropractor, but also with their primary care physician to ensure that they can be recommended cardiovascular fitness-promoting exercises.
Before beginning any fitness program, the chiropractor will give specific recommendations on how to exercise properly for the patient’s condition. In general, patients undergoing chiropractic therapy in Avila Beach should engage in a reasonable amount of daily exercise and utilize workouts that include activities that they love and enjoy.
A chiropractor in Avila Beach is always available to assist you on your healing journey, but practicing some healing practices at home can speed up the recovery process. When striving to enhance the health of your back, there are three key areas to keep in mind: stretching, strengthening, and cardiovascular exercise. Because stiffness is often a result of back pain, regular stretching is important. The range of motion and total mobility of your body is limited by a stiff back, making ordinary activities more difficult and uncomfortable.
Exercises have been shown to aid in the management of acute and chronic low back pain, strengthen the low back, prevent and keep back patients working, and improve quality of life in numerous studies. Overall, and when paired with chiropractic treatment, aerobic exercise aids healthy digestion, maintains muscle tone, and improves circulation. That is why patients across Avila Beach trust Momentum Health Chiropractic to take care of their back pain issues.
Walking around Avila Beach at least once or twice is a popular and convenient activity. Many types of domestic chores can also be used as an exercise regimen. The most important thing is to work out.
So, What Are the Benefits of These Exercises for Low Back Pain?
You may have heard that strengthening your back is necessary to avoid lower back problems. While this is true, it is not the only method for pain relief. The simple act of extending out your spine with these exercises is enough to relieve a lot of stress. That implies you won’t have to do a million crunches to get pain-free days.
Here is how it works…
Gravity weighs down our spine as we age. Our spinal discs press together like the spirals of a spring resulting from this. When this happens, tension rises, flexibility falls, and pain alerts us to the fact that something is amiss. You can stretch the spine and create more space between the discs by completing these exercises, which have been shown helpful by chiropractors, yoga instructors, and trainers all around the world. This will allow you to return to a pain-free state of flexibility by automatically offloading built-up pressure.
Simple Stretches for Back Pain
Stretching exercises are designed to promote elasticity and flexibility throughout the body, with a focus on the spine. Stretching should always be a part of your daily routine and workout regimen, especially for the treatment of low back pain, according to chiropractors. Stretching aids in the improvement of flexibility and the efficient and effective movement of the body.
Tight muscles are not only uncomfortable, but they can also have a harmful influence on the muscles they link to and the joints they cross. To relieve their patients with back discomfort, chiropractor uses a combination of hands-on treatment and at-home exercises.
Stretching may not be the most enjoyable element of an exercise regimen, but your body will thank you for it when it comes to treating low back pain. Stretches for the lower back, glutes, and other muscles that link around the pelvis, as recommended by chiropractors, can help maintain your muscles long and your body pain-free.
Stretching is safe before and after a workout, but it’s better to save it until the finish if you plan to perform any heavy lifting. If you’re not sure if these stretches are right for you, schedule a consultation with a Chiropractor in Avila Beach. Most individuals will suffer from back discomfort at some point in their lives, which can range from a minor injury to chronic agony. While it is recommended to see a chiropractor in Avila Beach for help managing an acute or chronic physical problem, there are a few basic exercises you may do at home to treat lower right back pain, lower left back pain, or any other target spine area.
Exercises That Can Alleviate Back Pain
1. Tilt of the Pelvis
This exercise proves to be very effective for back pain relief. To do this:
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
- Make a scoop motion with your pelvis by pressing your back onto the floor.
- Hold for one count before relaxing and repeating 20 to 30 times more to get a better result.
Meanwhile, always remember to breathe during this exercise and all of the other exercises.
2. Supine Bridge
The supine bridge is another exercise on this list. To do this effectively;
- Press your arms down into the floor
- Then press through your heels and elevate your hips as high as you can comfortably go.
- Hold till a count of one, then let go.
- Repeat this exercise 10–15 times more to get a better result.
3. Supine Twist
Supine Twist is yet another form of exercise that will help with back pain issues. To carry out supine twist;
- Lie your back flat on the floor.
- With the help of your hands, bring your knees to your abdomen, then slowly lower them to the right.
- Shift your hips to the left so your hips and shoulders can be aligned.
During this exercise, ensure you keep your arms horizontally on the floor or gently press your knees down with your right hand for a deeper twist. After that, hold for about 30-60 seconds before switching sides and repeating the exercise.
4. Bird Dog
The name of this exercise might look strange, but it’s another effective exercise that you can do routinely. To do this;
- Commence with your hands and knees, quadrupedally on the floor, with your shoulders and hips directly beneath your hands and knees respectively.
- While doing this, your view should be drawn downwards, toward the floor.
- Tighten your abs
- Slowly stretch your right arm and left leg back toward your chest.
- Hold for a count of one, then switch sides and repeat the exercise about 10-20 times.
This exercise has proven to be also effective for back pain relief. To carry it out;
- Get down with your hands and knees on the floor, relax your head, and let it fall.
- Raise your upper, middle, and lower backs toward the ceiling until you can see that they are all stretched.
- Hold this stretch for about 15-30 seconds, or as long as you are comfortable with it.
- Return to the starting position with a flat back while on the floor.
- You should allow your back to sway by pressing your tummy into the floor. Then, raise your buttocks to their highest point.
- Stay in this position for about 15 to 30 seconds.
- Repeat this exercise about 2–4 times to get a better result.
6. Flexor of the Hips Stretch
To do this exercise;
- Kneel on your right knee
- Place your left foot flat on the floor, and rest your hands on your hips.
- Gently thrust your hips forward as far as you can while keeping your body straight.
- After doing this, you should feel a stretch in the front of your right hip.
- Hold for 30 seconds, then swap legs and do it again to yield a better result.
7. Piriformis Stretch
This form of exercise is effective if you can do it well.
- Start by laying on the floor with your back and cross your right ankle over your left knee.
- Grip the thigh of your left leg and pull the knee towards you, elevating the foot off the floor.
- To increase the stretch, you should pull the knee closer to you.
- Hold the position for about 10 to 30 seconds.
- After that, switch legs and continue the exercise for a positive result.
8. Knee to the Sternum
This exercise is fairly self-explanatory, but pay special attention to the phases that follow to ensure that your spine and hips are improved.
- Lay on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
- Maintain one foot flat on the floor while bringing one knee to your chest or straightening the other leg, whichever is more comfortable for your lower back.
- Keep a firm grip on the floor using your lower back.
- Hold the position for a minimum of 15-30 seconds. Then, relax and lower the knee to return to the starting position.
- Repeat this exercise about 2-3 times to get a better result.
9. Pelvic Elevator
This exercise is very easy and involves very little movement. This is the best form of workout you can do for back pain relief, based on my opinion. To do this;
- Lie flat on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor, then tighten your abdominal muscles and bend your pelvis up slightly.
- Hold for about 10 seconds with both arms stretched to the sides and palms facing down.
- Lift your pelvis off the floor and raise your hips as high as possible while squeezing your buttocks.
- Hold for one count, then lower hips to the floor carefully.
- Repeat the process eight times more to get a better result.
10. Pose of a Child
One of the best exercises for stretching the spine is the Child’s Pose. It’s also among the most soothing and unwinding options available.
- Begin by sitting on your knees, particularly on a mat, and tucking your feet behind your back.
- When doing this, extend your arms as far as you can in front of you and lower your body to the floor.
- Ensure your feet and hips don’t move while touching your forehead to the floor.
- Remain in this position for at least a minute.
By doing this, your spine will lengthen, releasing tension. Repeat this exercise about 2-3 times to get a better result.
11. Rotation of the Lumbar Region
Rotation of the lumbar region improves flexibility and relieves stress in this chiropractic exercise. It takes even less time and feels even better than the child’s posture.
- Lie down on the floor with your back against the wall and your knees bent.
- While doing this, your arms should be spread out on either side of your body, and your back should be anchored to the floor.
- At your right side, slowly lower both knees to the floor without shifting your back.
- Hold this position for 15 seconds.
- Return both knees to the starting position slowly, and repeat on the other side.
Repeat for three times more to get a positive result.
12. Pose of the Cobra
The Cobra Pose is a great way to maintain your spinal disc. The Cobra Pose will feel familiar if you have ever found yourself resting your hands on your hips and leaning back to relieve back pain.
- Begin by lying down on your stomach with your legs crossed on the floor.
- Place your hands on the floor, with your palms up, next to your chest.
- Push yourself up slowly until your upper body is facing forward, but your hips and lower body should remain on the floor.
- Hold this position for about 10 seconds.
- Repeat this process 5 times more to get a better result.
Back Pain Treatment Options in Avila Beach
Back Pain is indeed a painful problem to deal with and it requires you to treat it with proper care to get a positive result. At-home stretches and exercises can help, but nothing beats visiting your local Chiropractor in Avila Beach. A Chiropractor is going to help identify the root cause of your back pain and build a care plan to eliminate the problem areas. With Chiropractic care in Avila Beach, you can get expert support in solving your back pain issues and getting back to a pain-free lifestyle. If you’re experiencing back pain issues, get in touch with our office. We’ll get you in to see our Avila Beach Chiropractic team ASAP so we can address your back pain issues right away.